Signifier® Medical Technologies to host webinar on Precision Medicine and Non-Invasive therapies for Mild Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Live Webinar: 1st September 7-8pm BST
LONDON, 30th July 2020
Signifier Medical Technologies today announced that it will host a live webinar on Monday 1st September 7-8 pm BST to learn about the latest advances in the management of sleep disordered breathing and emerging new technologies in the field of sleep medicine.
Nearly 1 billion adults aged 30 to 69 are estimated to have obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) globally. There is a strong, clinically proven link between obstructive sleep apnea and co-morbidities like diabetes, hypertension, and strokes. Mild OSA affects over 110 million people in the US and 100 million people in Europe.
The webinar will feature three experts on sleep disordered breathing, Prof. Dr. Adrian Williams, Professor of Sleep Medicine & Consultant Respiratory Physician, a founding member of the Sleep Section of the Royal Society of Medicine, as well as having been awarded the UK’s first Chair in Sleep Medicine, and Prof. Dr. Atul Malhotra – Research Chief in Pulmonary, critical care and sleep medicine at UC San Diego. He is Peter C. Farrell Presidential chair and Professor in Respiratory Medicine at UCSD. They will be joined by Prof. Dr. Anshul Sama Consultant Rhinologist, Dept. of Neurosurgery, Nottingham University Hospital and inventor of daytime NMES for OSA.
The speakers will cover the following topics in this free webinar:
• Mild Obstructive Sleep Apnea: burden of disease and the need for bespoke management
• Emerging technologies and future trends in the management of OSA
The Precision Medicine and Non-Invasive Therapies for Mild Obstructive Sleep Apnea webinar will include a Q&A session with the speakers. Please register HERE.
About Signifier Medical Technologies
Signifier Medical Technologies, previously known as Snoozeal®, is a medical technology company focused on the development and commercialization of innovative and non-invasive solutions for patients with snoring and sleep disordered breathing conditions.
Signifier’s proprietary therapy is the first and only day time genioglossal muscle-neurostimulation technology, with proven clinical data from prestigious and well-recognised universities and academic institutions, that provides a safe and effective treatment for its patients. 1-3
- Wessolleck E, Bernd E, Dockter S, et al. Intraoral electrical muscle stimulation in the treatment of snoring. Somnologie (Berl). 2018; 22 (Suppl 2): 47–52.
- Sama A, et al. Daytime Intraoral Neurostimulation with Snoozeal® for Treatment of Snoring and Mild Sleep Apnea. CHEST Annual Meeting Notes. 2018.
- Clinical study of 115 patients with snoring or mild OSA (Apnea- Hypopnea Index (AHI <15). Objective snoring and respiratory parameters were recorded with 2 consecutive WatchPat night sleep studies before and after the use of the device. An intra-oral tongue stimulator (Snoozeal®) device was used for 20mins, once a day for 6-week period
For media enquiries:
+44 (0) 207 096 0586